Pentastar XP Questions and Issues

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Pentastar XP Questions and Issues

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Having issues with brake lights. i have the normal tail lights (consists of running lights, blinkers and stop lights, PLUS a side mount license plate light (consists of running light and stop light). my side mount license plate running and stop lights work correctly now here's the irritating part. start up, running lights on, press either front brake or rear brake, brake lights come on, let off the pedal or lever and there is either a 1 second hesitation, then the stop lights go out or the lights flicker. and then go out, or they stay on. press pedal or lever, license plate running and stop light work correctly, you can see the license plate stop light go off, and the hesitation of the other lights stil on after the license plate stop light goes off, replaced the sub-lever mini switch,,, not it, repaced the stoplight switch on the rear brake, not it. My question is has anyone had a issue like this with a pentastar xp? or does it sound like this could be the problem? or is theresomething else to look for? checked around on the spde connectors that connect the rear tail lights to the wiring harness, found one loose wire on this and removed the spade connectors to the rear tail lights and soldered and heat shrinked the wires,,, not the problem, looked all over the bike in my limited area of knowledge. the grounds on the bell housing were SLIGHTLY loose, snugged that up, no change. Another question, if i order the XP, does it have the waterproof plug already on it to be able to plug in? or will i have to disassemble the plug from my old one and reinstall it on my new one? Also i have made sure i do not crush any of the wiring when reinstalling tank Any knowledge or experience provided is appreciated.

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Re: Pentastar XP Questions and Issues

Bump
Darryl Campbell
gaston 2005 502

Re: Pentastar XP Questions and Issues

Issues resolved with the installation of a new pentastar unit. :roll: 8-) :lol:

Darryl
Darryl Campbell