To Demon Carb Or Not

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

To Demon Carb Or Not

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

I was just thinking (dangerous) of what members think of or had experiences with demon carburetors? good experiences bad experiences and the like. I heard for a while there was issue with Demon factory QC of metal shavings left inside the carbs, however i am questioning whether or not there would be a performance improvement with the install of a demon carb? Also would i go with vacuum or mechanical secondaries? 850 cfm or 750 cfm? Speed demon, king demon or which model, or which NOT to get. Currently i have a 1910 edelbrock carb installed and heve the tweaks worked out other than needing to replace my airhorn gasket due to wear. it does run GOOD as far as what i am accustomed to on a 502, after i replaced my fuel pump and also foud that my accelerator pump was hitting on the bottom side of the air cleaner mount and not allowing my secondaries to open . I know, if it ain't broke don't fix it, i can work on q-jets,,, but in the 80's i couldn't do shiiiiite to a 750 double pumper,,,Any and all experiences are appreciated.

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
Butterfly

Re: To Demon Carb Or Not

Post by Butterfly »

Eagle runs a Demon on the Beast....So far so good...
Butterfly
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

There is a 850 Drag Demon on the Beast. Instant acceleration! The only fuel issues that I am having have to do with the routing of my steel braided fuel lines. If I "putt" too much with it hot, I get vapor lock in the lines. This in turn will cause my fuel pump fuse to blow. I have obtained some radiant eat shielding for the lines that is supposed to block 90% of radiant heat, but I've been riding too much to stop and put it on. IMAGINE THAT! :mrgreen: The Demon carb however has been flawless.
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Eagle , it would be a good idea if you could route your fuel lines up along the frame rails rather than laying on the intake , heads or bell housing . Also keep that braided fuel line from rubbing any of your wiring . That shits like a file or sandpaper .

Jack
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Brother Jack,

AGREED! That is the mission when I stop long enough to do the work. I'm hoping to have a three day weekend coming up but I'm not sure yet. The good news is that the shielding will also insulate the wiring from the braiding too.
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
regis

Post by regis »

Eagle,

Jack is right on in his recommendation....I had a problem that was resolved as a result of the professionals on another V8 Site. I had a starvation, and surging problem, so I updated to a Holley Red from the Carter Fuel Pump, and changed the fuel lines to 6AN lines and fittings...best move I made overall regarding fuel delivery....I did exactly what Jack recommended and ensured that the fuel lines were/are up off of the intake and used a zip tie to attatch the lines parallyl (poor spelling) to the frame and no more problems....

Regis