2001 Boss Hoss Replacement Windshield

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
The Mindless Philosopher

2001 Boss Hoss Replacement Windshield

Post by The Mindless Philosopher »

I've heard them called windshields and windscreens, but I've only ever seen them listed as windshields in manufacturers' catalogs, so I went with that terminology. Not sure which of the two terms is more common here. Anyhow...

I probably did not need to open a new thread for this, but here I am.

I replaced the Boss Hoss' windshield last night. I ordered a Memphis Shades El Paso Sportshield MEP5227 in gradient orange and 19 inches (the tallest in that model) to replace the gradient orange 17 inch El Paso shield that was already on it. I'm only 5'-11" but I sit taller in the saddle than whoever installed the previous one.

The new one cost' me $96.95 (no shipping fee) and arrived within 4 days. I re-used the quick release mounts, since Memphis Shades does not provide any fasteners. It was a direct swap that took around 5 minutes.

The old windshield is in fine condition for its age. It was just a little short for my liking. In the few thousand miles I've managed to keep the Hoss on the road over the past four years, I've encountered too many objects flying out of pickup trucks, too much desert debris, and too many suicide birds to not have a taller shield.

Sorry I have no photo's to post on any of these new threads, but my camera kicked the bucket. I'll replace it sooner or later then follow-up with some images.
The Mindless Philosopher

Re: 2001 Boss Hoss Replacement Windshield

Post by The Mindless Philosopher »

Here is a stock photo from online, and two photo's of my Hoss with the old windshield. This should suffice, as the extra two inches won't make a difference in a pic. It doesn't look like I ever took any closeups.
Attachments
boss hoss.jpg
30176fbe0f11c92cbb971af9f87e7922.png
boss hoss 40943237_2092162670796308_4017918583735582720_n.jpg