Wilwood Caliper Repairs

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
hogv8

Re: Wilwood Caliper Repairs

Post by hogv8 »

Mike , Good info and the price sounds reasonable . You think they would rebuff it while they were at it ? That's another reason I want to take mine apart .

Jack
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I just thought I'd mention that i recently rebuilt my rear master cylinder , rear caliper and eliminated all the extra plumbing including the rear brake lock and rear brake light in line switch . I now have one line running along the frame from the master cylinder directly to the rear caliper . I also raised the pivot point of the master cylinder plunger/rod 5/8" and raised the master cylinder the same amount for alignment . I now have a rock solid brake pedal feel with only about 1" of brake pedal travel . Best feel and travel I've ever had . I also replaced the in line brake light switch with a Honda Goldwing electric switch .

Jack
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Mike , yes I know . I polish a lot of Alum. and Stainless and also have a bench buffer and all the polishing compounds . My problem is I live in the country and we are on a well with very hard water . Hard water has an Ill effect on alum . We have a water softener for the house supply but a water softener uses salt and salt definitely has an Ill effect on alum . That's the main reason I black powder coated almost all of my polished alum . That and the fact that I like the looks of the black powder coating along with some chrome or polished SS for contrast . I fell in love with that Vanquish with the black powder coated rims . My style for sure . 8-)

Jack
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

ALCON,

I got this from Wilwood. I have since been informed that this is for the rear. I am chasing down the same info for the fromt now and will post when recieved. The big thing here is the SHIM that sticks to the back of the pads that all but eliminates the squeak!

Thank you for using Wilwood products.

I am unsure of which brake pad you are using, but the best pad for a low noise, low dust application is our Polymatrix Q compund. The PN you need would be 15q-6824k, $74. We also recommend that you use our noise absorbtion shim Pn 300-8259, $15. This is a self adhesive pad that stick to the steel backing plate of the brake pad, absorbing the harmonic that can develop between the stainless steel piston and steel backing plate. These parts are available thru any of our dealers or from us directly at 805-388-1188.

Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!