LS 470 for Berzerker

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Grand Canard

Re: LS 470 for Berzerker

Post by Grand Canard »

Elvis wrote:Pretty cool, so dry sump oil?
Yup, I will have about 14qt capacity; dry sump is superior and is used on primarily high-end performance vehicles.

That red component mounted onto the oil tank is a A.R.E. Spin-Tric which is supposed to remove 70% of air from the oil; I probably didn't need it as I'm not running 3-5 stage vacuum pump, but it won't hurt to have it for sure.

The teal colored component is a Canton oil filter, 8 micron. Will be plumbed with Jiffy-Tite 5000 series valved quick-connects for easy removal.
I have a similar Canton fuel filter in red, also 8 micron with a Kluhman Racing 10" 100 micron pre-filter that will also have Jiffy-Tite valve quick connects.

My Racepak Smart-wire power controller and Racepak IQ3 dash / logger interfaces nicely with my FAST EFI which makes the wiring harness incredibly simple, waaaay less wiring than on a factory LS BH, zero relays too, not even a master solenoid.

No expense has spared, top-notch experts have been hired to deliver exceptional excellence; Berzerker 2.0 going to be unbelievably awesome once complete.

I'll be plumbing and wiring it up once Saldana gives me a shout to pick-up.
Attachments
LS-22 Wiring Schematic 12-2-14.pdf
(311 KiB) Downloaded 240 times

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

HOLY SHIT!!!

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

CANBUS is excellent because it does away with so much extra bulk wiring. I've had problems working with existing CANBUS systems as far as adding to it (motorcycle or car) ... sometimes additional components don't like to play well, you should have no problems since your building from the ground up!

I am still impressed with those AL welds - everything is looking great. I'm dying to hear that sucker run!
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Ya , those beads don't get any better than that . Looks like a roll of dimes laying at a 45 degree angle .
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Grand Canard wrote:

No expense has spared, top-notch experts have been hired to deliver exceptional excellence; Berzerker 2.0 going to be unbelievably awesome once complete.
I suspect a medium sized country could operate on what this bike will tally in at. I doubt there will be another bike, anywhere, that will be able to hold a candle to it. It scares me to look at it
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Carl La Fong wrote:
Grand Canard wrote:

I suspect a medium sized country could operate on what this bike will tally in at. I doubt there will be another bike, anywhere, that will be able to hold a candle to it. It scares me to look at it
Were I to start over, from nothing, I'd do several things differently.
I'd go with a Cosworth EFI / Dash / power management combo system as it is even more seamless,
I'd have BHConcepts rake my front and install longer tubes instead of Kewl Metal (not knocking Kewl Metal)
I'd buy a used LS BH for cheap, say $30k or less then strip it down to the frame and go from there.
Engine complete w/ EFI and all pumps, plumbing, radiators, paint, wheels, misc, etc; all combined would come in under $100k.
One of Kelly's Vanquish all tricked with EFI, etc would be definitely worthy of serious consideration as alternative and I assume would likely run $120k or more, love the power-glide, prefer LS engine over SBC.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

This will be one they'll talk about in the V8 bike world for many years. I like the LS engines better than SBC also. I think the weak link will be the NESCO. I also think if you're happy with the engine etc and the trans becomes an issue you'll somehow overcome with god only knows what but somehow a solution will be found. I think it would have been better to work with MIKE KELLY than to start with a Boss Hoss. Just my opinion. Theres not much left thats Boss Hoss at this point except the trans anyway. The upside is that if you don't have trouble with the trans, than nobody else ever should with engines that are less than half the power. If you do have trouble than whatever your solution is and I'm sure there will be one might also help all of us. In any case Rick I wish you the best and I for one will tell the ongoing story of BERZERKER and the worlds most determined owner for many years.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

Dave, let's not forget the "new" aftermarket trannie that allegedly will be available
Buck
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Looks like the perfect place to test the new trans.. Good luck Rick, Be safe and hold on tight.
phpBB [video]
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Looks like you have the power well under control ... Standard BH Brakes have a hard time stopping a moped. How do you plan on taming this beast?
Any suspension upgrades planned? Since you are across the pond... investigate the single sided swingarm they are using there? OR there is a company on this side ...
Last edited by petitemoose on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

petitemoose wrote:Looks like you have the power well under control ... Standard BH Brakes have a hard time stopping a moped. How do you plan on taming this beast?
Any suspension upgrades planned? Since you are across the pond... investigate the single sided swingarm they are using there? OR there is a company on this side ... http://azzkikr.ca/customs/ezekiel#!prettyPhoto
Once I get back stateside I'm going to give the brake man a shout as they have a kit that is supposedly the shit according to my friend Richard Zukierski whom I have tremendous respect.
http://www.tbmbrakes.com
I'll post details once facts are known.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

VIRUS WARNING :whyclick:
My virus program showed a virus attached to the painting link under services in the Azzkikr link posted above. Open at you own risk.
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Hey Ricky, seen this one yet? Nelson racing https://www.facebook.com/nelsonracingengines
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Elvis wrote:Hey Ricky, seen this one yet? Nelson racing https://www.facebook.com/nelsonracingengines
Those are cool; yup seen em, I'm FB friends with Nelson.
To really do a custom BH right, a fellow would just need to build his engine and intake the way he wants, then cut and modify the frame to fit that engine, then build a custom fuel tank, etc.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

:frustrated: :frustrated:
Saldana Racing called me yesterday and informed that they had to remove the previously rear mounted radiator fan and re-install in front as a pusher in order to get air filter ducting clearance to throttle body, FUCK !!

I should be picking up bike next week.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
V8TrikeGonnaBe

Post by V8TrikeGonnaBe »

All I can say is that I really admire the efforts that you are going through to build this bike. Best of luck with the finishing touches.
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Just got home from Indianapolis (Brownsburg) and here are a few pics of the fine work Saldana did for Berzerker. Notice all the plasma cut braces and the fine welding throughout.
The radiator is a double pass cross flow, notice the inlet and outlet located in the middle on one side of the radiator.
There will be a side panel cover that hasn't been built yet, will play around with some foam board designs until I settle on something that is trick.
Once I have the side panel covers designed, will hydro-dip everything in carbon fiber, then fit all the components and begin plumbing the fuel, coolant, and oil, then build a custom wiring harness; all going to take some time.
Attachments
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

I had a tough time with fittings but finally got that sorted, will have it mostly plumbed-up tomorrow, then need to do some aluminum fab mods and have it hydro-dipped.
Ultimately had to reorder tight/shortened fittings as normal fittings wouldn't clear headers, fuel pump, etc. Been educational for sure.
Attachments
photo 2.JPG

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Man, drooling for sure and it ain't for the Coors either, that beast looks evil, even now. We talk about the uniqueness of Hosses and other V8s (rightly so I feel) but this takes the prize. I'm just one humble SS owner waiting to see the Berzerker finals and hoping you video the start-up, first ride and idling (for my iphone ring tone).

Waiting for the next episode
Gordon from England
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

I have it plumbed now except for a couple of bits that require some tig welding that I'll try to have done before the weekend.
Those Stinger battery posts are trick with the multiple wiring ports; no longer have to stack umpteen ring terminals on each post that makes for a sloppy sight.
All progress on Berzerker comes to a halt next week when I head back overseas; gotta pay the bills, be back in August.
Thanks for all the compliments, most appreciated. I look forward to getting out on the road towards the end of the year when complete and hopefully meet-up some some of my V8 bro's.
Attachments
photo 1 (2).JPG
photo 1 (4).JPG
photo 2 (3).JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 1 (3).JPG

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

I may have said this before but it's a work of engineering art

Drool! :thumbup:
Gordon from England
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Just completed all fabrication work, dig the spiffy radiator side panels. Flamming River battery disconnect mounted under exhaust header flange, air filter air box re-done as I wasn't happy with previous box. APS billet rocker covers with new stand-off's mounts for MSD coils.
Installed 36 tooth front pulley and new carbon belt obtained from Marv; ought to get 160mph in low gear with 8000rpm redline.

Just dropped off Berzerker with my painter, getting repainted, going to be wicked. Painter going to have some things Hydro-dipped, some powder coated.

Once paint, powder coating, hydro-dipping is complete, will re-install all plumbing, then begin building custom wiring harness.
Attachments
photo 2 (2).JPG
Body panels, etc
Body panels, etc
Jesel Pro-Shaft Rockers
Jesel Pro-Shaft Rockers
Speed Hut GPS speed-O
Speed Hut GPS speed-O

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Sweet, getting closer all the time.
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Very impressive ricky..No doubt you got massive power..But will it be tame enough to ride around town? I am awestruck with all the custom fabrication and fitment..This build is legendary, and hopefully we can all learn something from it ..Including the factory..Some of your ideas along with your builders could probably help us all...Good luck..Randy
phpBB [video]
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

randy burkey wrote:Very impressive ricky..No doubt you got massive power..But will it be tame enough to ride around town? I am awestruck with all the custom fabrication and fitment..This build is legendary, and hopefully we can all learn something from it ..Including the factory..Some of your ideas along with your builders could probably help us all...Good luck..Randy
Randy, I post for everyone's benefit and believe that sharing this build on this forum will inspire others to create their own dream bike; hopefully one that tops Berzerker, I really mean that too.

Berzerker's record has been unfortunate, piss-poor and bloody expensive; the old adage "if you want something done right, do it yourself" is true, now doing everything myself, step by step, I do my research and I'm right there, full-time and assisting if I hire anyone to perform a service to ensure done correctly, I learned my lesson!

Once I'm complete (December?), I'll be more than willing to fully share everything I know with anyone wanting to build a super bike.

Berzerker will be fine on the street; I'm not worried a bit.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."