Water Pump hose?

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Butkicker5

Water Pump hose?

Post by Butkicker5 »

:roll: Hey Guys after useing the bike in Daytona , great time , found coolant on floor of trailer , after looking it over looks like clamps loose or hose bad above the water pump , can i purchase a new hose from NAPA ? and it does not look to be fited ? it is a ss braided hose bike is a 2001 , I dont see an issue with waterpump? :?
AR

Re: Water Pump hose?

Post by AR »

Butkicker5 wrote::roll: Hey Guys after useing the bike in Daytona , great time , found coolant on floor of trailer , after looking it over looks like clamps loose or hose bad above the water pump , can i purchase a new hose from NAPA ? and it does not look to be fited ? it is a ss braided hose bike is a 2001 , I dont see an issue with waterpump? :?
Hey Butkicker,

I'd be surprized if it was the braided hose that has failed, the idea of braiding them in the first place is for improved performance. I've had 2 coolant leaks on my 2001 and they both took a while to dagnose. 1st was the waterpump gasket 2nd the plastic ties that hold the fan wore a hole through one of the cores. I know this dont answer your NAPA question but i guess you want to be sure of whats wrong before you buy anything.

AR.
Butkicker5

Post by Butkicker5 »

:lol: Thanks fior the imput , went back and looks like hose clamps are a tad loose , and dont look to good so I am going to replace with new SS ones today and see what happens , The fan looks ok from what I can see will have to remove Louvers from front of radiator to look at better , I dont have the fan grill like most bikes , and just fan under the louvers, anything to worry about in doing this ? never had this apart ?
hosszz4

Post by hosszz4 »

radiator leaks...

Have encountered these...

- Water pump leaking - tightened bolts in the front of them
- leaking top hose - tightened clamp or replaced
- leaking bottom hose - tightened clamp or replaced
- Leaking radiator...bottom of radiator had leak...seems like the little rubber gaskets in between the
radiator mount and under the radiator mount were missing and caused the radiator to get baged about causing hairline cracks.
- The Top house/thermostat mounts came loose and had to get tightened

So every 2500 miles, go through and inspect all these. All these fixes were cheap.

Cheers
Aldo
Voices in my head this week...Hendrix...Voodoo CHile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoAXW30m ... re=related
40 years later..I still get goose bumps listening to this!!

Butkicker5

Post by Butkicker5 »

:lol: Hi Guys , thanks for all the advice ! After getting down under the bike and looking around found the bottom hose clamp real loose ! and did not look good either , so replaced it with a new one and tightened it up Also checked out the other easier ones to get at and so far look good , Leaks gone so far real test will be takeing bike for a nice long ride this weekend , weather finally is warming up here , as it has been in the low 40's . thanks again and its been great to get advice here on this site , hopefully I can give some someday