Carburetor Mike Stage II Rebuild,,,,,

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Carburetor Mike Stage II Rebuild,,,,,

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Well,, my turn to chime in on the Carby Mike rebuild. Got mine back from Carby Mike. I use to and did on this one considered myself competent for a Q-jet rebuild. Just not a Q-jet surgeon as Mike is. I had a few issues of which I was aware of. When the bike was new to me for the first few months when starting I would thumb the start button and it would explode to life. However for a long time now, pretty much when starting anytime, it would make several revolutions, then hit with some black smoke. Well I finally got tired of it and spoke with Mike and sent my carb off. I spoke with him and told him of my issues. When he got it done and test ran on his bike and found the fuel bowl to be leaking due to a crack in the main body that would leak fuel out of the fuel bowl down into the manifold. The crack was about 1/16th inch long. I sure the heck would have never found that. He ended up having to replace the main body, as this was the best fix. Mike also performed his wizardry on the carb. I got the carb back and I found something i have only found once before at one other mechanic shop. In the box that he sent my carb back was all of the old parts, all of the new boxes that new parts came in, rebuild kit, accelerator pump, choke pull off and a invoice showing detailed billing.

Now to the good part. When i thumb the starter it explodes to life as it should and my neighbor loves that,,,The carb works great and the bike runs and sounds great. My secondaries were not opening correctly and he also got that corrected. I put about 500 miles on it before I had to go back to work. The second day of riding after the reinstall, I had a fuel sputter, and knowing there was no reason in the carb for it I replaced my holley red with a new holley red and the issue was gone. I also did pull a 18.9 mpg of mostly highway sppeds of 70 - 100 mph with a little city driving in also.

I will say, if any of you are on the fence of whether or not you wanna send you carb in to have it worked on, send it on in,,it is money well spent and from my experience, he’ll answer your phone calls and emails and take care of you well. It is great to find someone who enjoys their work and does what they say and says what they mean.

Thanks Carby Mike for your good work..

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
petitemoose

Re: Carburetor Mike Stage II Rebuild,,,,,

Post by petitemoose »

I know this is an old post but how much is a stage 2 carb mike rebuild anyway?
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Now I think about $300.00 plus .? Give him a call . I don't have his number off hand but I'm sure someone else can help you
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

I'd like to get ahold of him also. Anyone have his contact information?
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Ric

Post by Ric »

The last known address I have is

Michail Levesque
917 West 29th st.
Erie, PA 16508

Mobile: (814) 823-3386

Home (814) 868-0170

I have to get ahold of him too before spring.

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

If you guys have any luck, ask him to give me a buzz. Been trying off and on for a couple months. He has a 1904 I want to put back on my scoot.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I had him do mine years ago and it was amazing the difference it made. It has never given me a lick of trouble and was one of the best things I did. Thanks Mike

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Ric,
That info you listed is still current. I spoke to him tonight and he is still modifying carbs.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard