Auto Start

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Tx Outlaw

Auto Start

Post by Tx Outlaw »

Has anyone hooked up an auto start/alarm system to an LS300 bike/trike? I've asked a couple different dealers/installers without success as they are unsure of the wiring on my '15 trike. Even showing them all the wiring schematics provided in the owner's manual, I was told no. Would really like to get this done, if possible.
Chuck Clark
2015 Baby Hoss (LS300)
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Re: Auto Start

Post by CanuckHoss »

Hard to believe you would need a remote start in Texas...lol...more of a Canadian / Northern states thing
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

I know there are some guys that have done this because I have heard stories abot them looking out a window and start the bike just to see the unexpected lookers jump away -LOL!

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Iron Maiden wrote:I know there are some guys that have done this because I have heard stories abot them looking out a window and start the bike just to see the unexpected lookers jump away -LOL!
Susan...it is harder on those Fuel Injected trikes I believe.

Carbed are an easier go...like Wild Bill's
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Wild Bill has remote start on his 2001 502 bike.
2008 606 Corvette Trike
mmaupin

Post by mmaupin »

I do not see any reason why this cannot be done. A couple of years ago, I installed a Bulldog remote start on my F450 truck. While Bulldog did have a schematic that supposedly matched my truck's wiring, it really did not match.

Pick a remote starter, do your own hookup schematic and get someone to do the actual install. At least with the Bulldog RS, there are all kinds of optional things that are not needed for a basic RS hookup, like door switches, a switch that says the hood is up, door locks, horn, lights, etc.

The Bulldog works good. Their manual and schematics are Chinenglish. With that said, their tech support line was very helpful. The only post install issue I have is the remote fob buttons are not recessed enough and are easy to mistakingly actuate unlocking the vehicle. That should not affect a motorcycle installation.

There is a kill switch that ties to the brake light switch; so, if the key is not on and the rider hits the brake, it kills the engine immediately. Keeps someone from steeling your ride.

In summary, doing a basic motorcycle hookup should not be terribly involved.
Regards,

Mark

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Run the start Signal through the Neutral Switch so she won't start and go
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...