Wilwood Squeak Fix and Pads/ Numbers

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
EAGLE

Wilwood Squeak Fix and Pads/ Numbers

Post by EAGLE »

ALCON,

I just got this from Wilwood. Good info and rumored to all but eliminate the squeaking!

The first is for the rear and the second is for the front.

Thank you for using Wilwood products.

I am unsure of which brake pad you are using, but the best pad for a low noise, low dust application is our Polymatrix Q compund. The PN you need would be 15q-6824k, $74. We also recommend that you use our noise absorbtion shim Pn 300-8259, $15. This is a self adhesive pad that stick to the steel backing plate of the brake pad, absorbing the harmonic that can develop between the stainless steel piston and steel backing plate. These parts are available thru any of our dealers or from us directly at 805-388-1188.

Your front caliper should be a Dynalite Single caliper that uses a small square brake pad that is approximately 2"x2". If that is what you have, use pad PN 15q-6823k, and the same shim kit as the rear brakes, 300-8259.
Unfortunately we do not offer a shim kit that is designed for the Dynalite Single pads, so you will have to cut them to fit with some tin snips or other cutting tools.

Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Buck
$ite $upporter

Re: Wilwood Squeak Fix and Pads/ Numbers

Post by Buck »

I have the shims on my front brakes; you do have to cut them vertically. I put some grease remover on the pistons and the rear of the pads then stuck the shims on. I have heard only 1 squeal since they were put on. Conversely the brakes were making noise every time I applied the front brakes before the shims were placed on..
Buck