Carb question

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Steve Taylor

Carb question

Post by Steve Taylor »

I noticed the V8 Choppers seem to have a carb each side, is there an option of 2 carbs for the Ford 302 motor and if so, will it work as well as the 4 barrel Holley?
KrautV8

Re: Carb question

Post by KrautV8 »

Steve,
I believe the V8 Choppers have a four barrel carb, too...just an air filter each side - but not 100% sure on this.

..........Elliot??? Let us know.

Loafster
Steve Taylor

Post by Steve Taylor »

Thanks Loafster, looks like you're right. Is there a dual carb option to be able to angle them forwards like on some of the custom H*rleys?
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

Steve Taylor wrote:Thanks Loafster, looks like you're right. Is there a dual carb option to be able to angle them forwards like on some of the custom H*rleys?
Steve, not that I have ever heard or read of such an option for a 350 Chevy...I think it can be done, but has got be completly custom build.

Loafster
Els

Post by Els »

KrautV8 wrote:Steve,
I believe the V8 Choppers have a four barrel carb, too...just an air filter each side - but not 100% sure on this.

..........Elliot??? Let us know.

Loafster

Olaf, exactly right. Single 4 barrel (Edelbrock) with a Holley air cleaner using a breather on each side.

Keeping one 4 barrel tuned and just right is enough of a challenge. Can't imagine anyone wanting 2 unless it's a visual thing they feel they must have.

Single 4 barrel Holley on your 302 Steve is the way to go.

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image